Epoxy Flooring for Industrial Floors Warren RI
- location – Tony’s Seafood, Warren, RI www.tonysfreshseafood.com
- size – 3500 SF Industrial Fish Processing Plant
- Time to complete – 4 days
- Client expanding the footprint of his existing location. In need of a seamless epoxy flooring product that can tolerate the heavy activity of his production facility. Must be seamless, withstand harsh cleaning chemicals and hot powerwashing, have a high compressive strength, high impact resistance.
- After we were hired to do the job we ran a calcium chloride test to determine the moisture vapor transmission rate. We discovered readings in excess of 10lbs. The concrete was only 3 months old and still had a some moisture present within. We knew that this would cause our epoxy coating to fail so we installed a moisture vapor reduction system; Koster VAP I 2000 -
- The floor was shotblasted prior to installing the VAP. After the floor was waterproofed we installed an epoxy floor with a full broadcast of 30grit silica sand (flintshot). We used a heavy duty Novolac epoxy for the topcoat which would provide the durability and performance they needed (see attached).
About Epoxy Flooring for Industrial Floors
For this project we used an epoxy novolac, a 100% solids high performance, thick 2 part system both chemical and high temperature resistance. It can be decorative using colored quartz is non slip with low maintenance.
This is an indoor use system for commercial and industrial facilities seeking high performance for a long time. This product meets requirements by OSHA, USDA and FDA. Resistant to UV, Mold, mildew, forklifts and chemicals.
Contact us for full specifications about this product.
Epoxy Flooring for Industrial Floors – Local Areas We Serve
In Rhode Island we provide concrete floor services in Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket, East Providence, Woonsocket, Barrington, Bristol, Portsmouth and Newport.