Concrete Floor Stain For Pool House
The project featured here is 800 SF we completed in a new pool house with concrete floor stain and sealers on a new cement. The brown squares were a combination of Copper Patina and Padre Brown Lithochrome Chemstains manufactured by Scoffield.
These stains produce a translucent natural color that penetrate the cement surface creating a unique, one of a kind floor. Once completely dry, we applied a clear sealer for long term flooring protection.
Concrete Floor Stain – Our Services
Years ago we started working with decorative stains and sealers to create beautiful floors in residential homes, retail stores, restaurants and offices. Over the years we have expended our scope of services.
- Concrete Polishing – Custom polished floors
- Self Leveling – up to 3/8″ thick, smooth, flat and natural
- Skim Coats – Thin cementitious overlays
- Epoxy Coatings – Residential, commercial and industrial
Contact us to discuss custom decorative concrete floor stain and coatings in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Concrete Flooring – Woonsocket Rhode Island
This is a project we completed for the Museum of Broadcast Technology in Woonsocket RI. The concrete floor had old carpet glue stuck to the surface plus it was painted. As is typical, the floor paint was chipping and deteriorating, there was no light reflection, space was dark and hard to clean.
The solution was to grind the old mastic and paint off the floor. We use a concrete grinder with diamond cutting blades attached to a high volume vacuum. This makes the surface prep process clean and dust free.
Then once we have a new surface, we fix all the cracks and damaged areas followed by a primer, 100% solids epoxy and urethane protective coating. In one area we used a glossy urethane, another where there is a flat screen TC we applied a flat finish urethane to cut down on glare.
At 7,000 SF, this was a fairly large project due to the amount of grinding and surface preparation. The total project time was less than 10 days.
Concrete Flooring – Local Areas We Serve
We provide epoxy coatings, polishing and decorative concrete flooring with self leveling and overlays for clients in Boston, Fall River, Providence RI and surrounding areas.
Epoxy Floor Coatings at Hattie Ide Chaffee
The photo above was taken after completion of application of epoxy floor coatings at Hattie Ide Chaffee at health care facility in East Providence who has been providing service for over 60 years.
The 1,000 sf project had layers of old paint which was slippery and difficult to clean. As a result it created a potential health hazard.
The solution was application of a 100% solids high performance floor system with decorative flakes and topped with a coats of clear urethane. To remove the old layers of paint we first had to mechanically grind off the old layers to expose the original concrete.
This new floor will last them many years with a low maintenance, bright, non slip surface.
Epoxy Floor Coatings – Local Areas We Serve
Madstone Floors is based in Seekonk Massachusetts and serves local areas from Providence to Boston, Fall River, New Bedford, Worcester and surrounding local areas.
Chemical Resistant Epoxy Floor Coatings, Cracks and Joints
Cracks in concrete are a result of various factors such as shrinking or ground settlement. Joints serve to absorb potential cracks. Whatever the cause, concrete cracks. As a result we need to be crack and joint specialists if our epoxy coatings are to succeed.
One of the first things we look at when evaluating application of chemical resistant epoxy floor coatings are cracks and joints and how we will deal with them. Notice the photo below with the yellow areas showing a side view of cracked concrete. To prevent the finished epoxy coating from cracking it is important to apply a filler that fills the crack from top to bottom with the ability to fully cure without direct access to air.
The importance of proper surface preparation, crack and joint repair is to prevent cracks from developing on your chemical resistant epoxy floor coatings.
If you are considering resurfacing your new or old concrete and have a specialized need, contact us to take a look at your floor and present you with the appropriate options.
Chemical Resistant Epoxy Floor Coatings – Local Areas We Serve
We specialize in epoxies, concrete polishing and overlays for industrial, commercial and residential floors in Boston, Fall River, New Bedford, Worcester Massachusetts, Providence RI and surrounding local areas.
Secondary Containment Epoxy Flooring Contractors
The EPA and Resource Recovery Act has established minimum requirements for containment of hazardous waste and specific chemicals. Facilities who need to comply with these standards should have flooring that protects against potential spills.
As concrete flooring contractors specializing in concrete polishing and epoxy coating installation, we have become well versed in the appropriate systems to apply.
Products have been developed by leading manufacturers to specifically provide specialized epoxy systems. We need to know the the chemicals or contained waste to determine the correct system to apply. This starts with floor repair, base and finish coats.
Secondary Containment Flooring Products
- Primers – Water based coatings, Novalac Epoxy Primers, Low Temperature and oil stop.
- Basecoats – High Build 97% – 100% Solids
- Mortars – Standard epoxies, acid resistant, , freezer and sub zero, Novalacs
- Expansion Joints & Cracks – 100% solids flexible, underwater crack paste, fast set, epoxy/urethanes
- Grout Coats – Novalacs, seamless clear 100% Solids
- Vertical Applications – Cove base mortars, 66% – 100% solids products
We have secondary containment flooring systems available for over 300 chemicals from Acetaldehyde to Zinc Sulfate. If you have a facility that uses chemicals or contains any hazardous waste, contact us and we can help you with the appropriate system.
In addition to specialized chemical resistant epoxy systems, we install self leveling concrete, overlays, epoxy removal and polishing. Take a look around our site to view photos of completed projects. The majority of our projects are commercial and industrial but we have completed many residential projects as well.
Secondary Containment Flooring Contractors – Local Areas We Serve
Boston, Worcester, Fall River, New Bedford, Providence RI, New London CT and surrounding areas. We have completed projects from New York to Maine. We also provide flooring consulting services.
Concrete Polishing Options
Madstone Floors specializes in concrete polishing, overlays, epoxy installations, repair and maintenance of concrete and terrazzo as well as epoxy removal.
We are based in Seekonk MA 30 minutes from Boston and a short drive to Providence, Worcester and Cape Cod.
Each floor you see here started with a challenge which is typical. Each cement surface is different requiring experience, expertise, knowledge of solutions and proper equipment. It has taken years to put all the pieces together with results that benefit our clients. In most cases what looks like an expensive construction project has a cost effective solution.
We analyze each situation, then present our clients with options that include, cost, time, decorative design, maintenance and durability.
- Polished Concrete – Dustless Diamond grinding and polishing.
- Self Leveling – Damaged or uneven surfaces can be restored to new with a polished decorative solution.
- Overlays – Thin coatings with a polished or textured appearance.
- Epoxy Coatings – High performance systems for industrial, commercial and residential.
- Epoxy Removal – Grind old coatings
- Terrazzo Restoration – Strip, grind, restore
Concrete Polishing – Local Areas We Serve
- Boston, Quincy Worcester, Plymouth, Wareham, Fall River, New Bedford, Massachusetts
- Providence, Warwick, Newport, Pawtucket, Cranston Rhode Island
Petsense Westerly Rhode Island
Industrial concrete polishing continues to be one of our most popular flooring choices for industrial and commercial use. That was the case for the 5,000 sf floor we completed in Westerly Rhode Island for Petsense. Petsense is a rapidly growing chain of pet stores providing food, grooming, vaccination clinics and adoption events.
There are many benefits to concrete polishing.
- Rapid Turnaround – projects can be completed in just a few days depending on size and condition. No need for waiting like with epoxies.
- Spaces Operational During Process – When applying epoxies, foot traffic is not allowed until coatings cure. The polish process allows for other trades, owners, architects or inspectors to walk on floor without interfering.
- No Odor – The process does not require odorous coatings.
- Environmentally Friendly – We use the existing surface. We grind and polish.
- Durable – Halfway through the process we apply a densifier which works as a hardner increasing durablity and reducing porosity providing additional surface area which produces the shine.
- Low Maintenance – Floors are easy to clean requiring reduced labor hours.
We specialize in industrial, commercial and residential concrete flooring in New England. Madstone Floors is based in Seekonk MA with the majority of our projects in the areas of Boston to Providence and surrounding areas.
In addition to concrete polishing, we install specialty epoxy coatings, self leveling overlays, coating removal and stamped overlays for interior and exterior floors.
This is an industrial concrete floor polishing project we completed for Fuzion Design with offices in Pawtucket RI and Hong Kong. Fuzion Design specializes in start to finish product and graphic solutions for their clients. Their work environment and company image are important. They chose diamond polished concrete as their flooring, testimony to the appeal of this modern type of floor.
The product was 4,000 square feet and took us 1 day to complete due to the quality of the surface. The photos tell the story. They look great, are simple to clean and maintain with superior durability.
As you can see in our website and blog, we specialize in concrete floor refinishing for industrial, commercial and residential properties. The processes we provide offer numerous solutions to challenging and potentially costly flooring.
Our Services Include
- Diamond Polishing
- Skim Coats
- Self Leveling
- Grinding and Repair
Contact us to discuss the requirements for your project. We can show you samples and provide options for a variety of uses including industrial warehouses, offices, retail stores and restaurants, basements, garages.
Industrial Concrete Floor Polishing – Local Areas We Serve
We are based in Barrington and work in the areas of Providence RI, Wooster, Boston, Fall River, New Bedford, Cape Cod Massachusetts and surrounding areas.
Epoxy Flooring for Industrial Floors Warren RI
- location – Tony’s Seafood, Warren, RI www.tonysfreshseafood.com
- size – 3500 SF Industrial Fish Processing Plant
- Time to complete – 4 days
- Client expanding the footprint of his existing location. In need of a seamless epoxy flooring product that can tolerate the heavy activity of his production facility. Must be seamless, withstand harsh cleaning chemicals and hot powerwashing, have a high compressive strength, high impact resistance.
- After we were hired to do the job we ran a calcium chloride test to determine the moisture vapor transmission rate. We discovered readings in excess of 10lbs. The concrete was only 3 months old and still had a some moisture present within. We knew that this would cause our epoxy coating to fail so we installed a moisture vapor reduction system; Koster VAP I 2000 -
- The floor was shotblasted prior to installing the VAP. After the floor was waterproofed we installed an epoxy floor with a full broadcast of 30grit silica sand (flintshot). We used a heavy duty Novolac epoxy for the topcoat which would provide the durability and performance they needed (see attached).
About Epoxy Flooring for Industrial Floors
For this project we used an epoxy novolac, a 100% solids high performance, thick 2 part system both chemical and high temperature resistance. It can be decorative using colored quartz is non slip with low maintenance.
This is an indoor use system for commercial and industrial facilities seeking high performance for a long time. This product meets requirements by OSHA, USDA and FDA. Resistant to UV, Mold, mildew, forklifts and chemicals.
Contact us for full specifications about this product.
Epoxy Flooring for Industrial Floors – Local Areas We Serve
In Rhode Island we provide concrete floor services in Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket, East Providence, Woonsocket, Barrington, Bristol, Portsmouth and Newport.
Epoxy Contractors – Concrete Floor Restoration Specialists
Madstone Floors are epoxy contractors but our services include a lot more. Concrete floors in towns like New Bedford and Fall River are generally old and in need of a repair solution. They may have moisture issues, they may be pitted, damaged and are uneven. A epoxy is generally not enough.
Frequently we need to start with creating a new surface without the costly expense of removing the old concrete. A large percentage of our projects start with pouring a self leveling concrete first. The application is usually 3/8th – 1/2 inch thick. Once cured with can seal with industrial epoxies and finish with an ultra high performance polyurethane.
There are additional options. Epoxies come in many blends with solutions for all types of floors. We work on many projects requiring industrial performance and have a tremendous amount of experience with all types of high traffic floors from warehouses to commercial kitchens in restaurants.
When epoxies are not appropriate, we have concrete polishing solutions as well. The process of polished concrete starts out with our grinding systems utilizing diamond polishing equipment. The process is to use coarse blades and subsequently finer diamond blades until we achieve the appropriate polish. This is a cost effective low maintenance flooring solution.
Epoxy Contractors – Local Areas We Serve
Madstone epoxy contractors work in New Bedford and Fall River, Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Marthas Vineyard and Providence Rhode Island.
Aesthetic Concrete Benefits
- Non Slip – Exceeds OSHA Guidelines
- Design – Custom Concrete Flooring
- Low Maintenance – Reduce Labor and Materials
- Durable – Systems For Every Use
- LEED Compliant – Environmentally Friendly Systems
- Polished Concrete – For All Flooring Types
- Overlays – Self Leveling, Microtoppings, Epoxy
- Stamped Concrete – New or Resurface Existing